Fitting Instructions for Elite and Elegance Microswitches
Our biggest seller at our online store are microswitches, plus we are one of the biggest sellers of this item in the country.
You will know if your caravan has a microswitch if, under the surface where the tap is fitted there will be some wires leading to the tap.
The fault symptom is usually a tap not working, unless you turn on another tape elsewhere in the vehicle. The Elegance microswitch has two legs, and the Elite microswitch has three legs.
A Whale Elegance tap will look something like this, and an Elite tap like this one.
DIY fitting of a microswitch in your caravan or motorhome is a simple job requiring little skill or time. All you need to do is get a new switch, pick up a Pozidrive (or Philips) #2 screwdriver and small flat blade, then follow these instructions.
(1) Turn the tap to the OFF position.
(2) You require access to the underside of the tap, so if in the wash room, you can usually access this through the vanity unit under the sink. If not, follow the instructions for the kitchen tap, which is, remove the caps in the four corners of the mounting-plate using a small flat bladed screwdriver or similar and remove the Pozidrive screws under there. Then gently lift the taps up until the microswitch is accessible.
(3) Take note of which way round the legs are as the microswitche's legs are offset and the switch needs to be replaced the same way it comes off.
(4) Gently straighten the legs.
(5) Slide the white plastic collar off the switch down the wires. The switch should just drop off the two remaining lugs.
(6) Remove the two mini spade-connectors off the switch legs.
(7) Refit the mini spade connectors onto the new switch (it does not matter which one goes on which leg, so long as you use the correct legs if there is three).
(8) Offer the microswitch up to the retaining lugs (observing that it must be the same way round as the old one).
(9) Slide the collar back over the switch to hold it in position.
(10) Gently bend the legs down 90 degrees.
(11) If tap was removed, then refit with screws and caps.